I’ve been on a wild goose chase trying to find a plugin for bulk post creation in WordPress. The reason I want this is to brainstorm a bunch of post ideas and have them store as drafts directly in WordPress. That way, when I have a nice library of potential blog posts to create.
There once was a bulk post creator plugin, but it’s not longer active in the WordPress Plugins repository.
So, I’ve designed a little workaround using two plugins. Here are the steps to make it happen.
1) Install “Bulk Page Creator” and “Convert Post Types” plugins.
2) Create a Page Called “Page Conversion”. You are going to make this the parent page to all the draft pages you create. You’ll see why in a second.
3) Create your bulk set of pages with Bulk Page Creator, found under Settings. Enable multi-page creation within the plugin settings, then separate the page names by comma to create multiple pages in bulk. Select the “Page Conversion” page you created in step 2 as the Parent. Set the Pages Status option to be ‘draft’.
4) Under Tools, Select Convert Post Types. Select ‘page’ in the “Convert from…” drop-down, ‘post’ in the “Convert to…” drop-down and “Page Conversion” in the “Limit pages to children of…” drop-down. Optionally, you can set your categories and tags for these posts. Once everything is properly selected, click the “Convert” button.
6) Review your posts to see that your pages bulk converted to draft posts.